• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Entering GPS coordinates?

BLACKJACK

Question

I have a Magellan 315, I was trying to create a landmark and enter some coordinates. The map has them listed as 48.10'24.18, I can only get down to entering the 48.10'24. Even when I go into the lat/long settings, I can't find a setting that gets that fine. Any ideas?

Also, what are the map datums used for?

1 answer to this question

Blackjack,

Without my unit right in front of me (gps unit, that is) I can't give you the answer. However, you can definitly enter the data in with two decimal places- I just can't remember off hand how to do so.
The first thing I thought of when I read your post is that you probably have your gps set to receive hours, minutes, and seconds while the coordinate you're trying to enter is in hours and minutes (with the minutes going out to two decimal places). Check this to make sure that you are trying to enter and receive the cordinates in the exact same format. If not, it won't work. You can change this setting if you want to- again, I can't remember how to without my gps in front of me.
Good luck,
Scoot