• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

PRO-ICEMAN TIP-UP SOLD ON THIS SITE

Have a question. I bought a new tip-up, the pro-iceman sold on this site. It looks good the only question I have is after that first fish how do I keep the line from freezing to itself on a clod day?? I know the other tip-ups are in the water so they stay freeze free. How will these as the line is above the water and exposed in the air?

Thanks-
Broncosguy

I use a couple of home made tip-ups that are just a round piece of wood with a rattle wheel and a flag mounted on top. I use the plastic coated line and don't have a problem with the line freezing up and the hole stays open pretty good too.

------------------
Have a good one!
CWMN

I am considering one of these tip-ups. What other info does anyone have on them? Quality construction, ease of use? I have found that the vinyl coated tip-up line has a bit too much memory for my liking.I use stren kevlar (found a really good deal).

We've used these for a few years. They work great. Used to get them for the guy who made them in South Dakota--They were hard to find. At least where I was looking. Glad to find a place to buy them now.

X