• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What is the best Hand Auger, please help....

I am planning on getting a new hand auger, and I really have no idea which one to get. I have been reading about the Strike Master Lazer Hand Auger, and the Jiffy hand augers. They cost about the same, but I want to get the best one. Please help me out, which is the best of these two? Are there others that are better for about the same price? Well thanks for reading this. I would appreciate any comments or help, thanks again...

KEEP CASTING ......>

Just brought up a forum that should help:Titled: "Mora or Lazer 6" Hand Auger. Check it out.
mike

[This message has been edited by jacobm (edited 01-09-2002).]

It's me again. I was just wondering what is the difference between the 6", and 8" auger? Is the 8" auger harder to use, or slower? Does it not cut as good as the 6"? Thanks for the help.

Always cut the smallest hole you will be able to get your fish through. That way you can drill more holes, move quicker, expend less energy and catch more fish. Mathematically speaking, an 8" auger cuts a hole nearly twice the volume as a 6". One can only assume it takes twice the effort also. If you are panfishing, go with a 5" Lazer.

FLB

Go with the 6" lazer. I have a 8" jiffy and a buddy has the 6" lazer. He can usually drill 2 holes for every one I drill. As for diameter only get what you need. We've had no problems getting large Lake Trout though the 6" hole.

Tight lines!

Thanks for the help, I bought a 6" Lazer today, and can't wait to try it. I am planning on going out tomorrow. Caught some crappies, and a few small walleyes earlier today, and I hope it will be a nice day tomorrow....

KEEP CASTING ...>>>>>...