• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Garbage Police

Melon

Chemist,
I am pretty sure that the rumor you heard has truth to it. I knew a guy who worked for the DNR a few years ago, and he said that 2-3 weeks before the permanents are supposed to be off the ice, the local DNR guys go out to their area lakes, and document where the houses are and who they belong to, using GPS, and video cameras.

Good Luck!!
Rusty

Yes they do.

They also aerial photo the lakes in special black secret stealth DNR helicopters and GPS locations for reference if situations need to be issued. Beware the DNR in black!

wink.gif Right Henry? (Inside joke)

Sooooooo........clean up your dump slobs!

If I am thinking of the same river Yellowstone is like way out West in Montana Eh, that is a ways off, long ways off Dark.

Rumor has it I will be seeing you this year for sure, around May maybe?

But anytime I am free and you can wonder over this way we should be able to find a fish or two.

I may do the paddle fish thing this spring and that may find me over Yellowstone way, never know?

I'm very happy to hear that at least something is being done. I still feel that there is more of a problem with portable people though! They get out there set up and leave without their dump, never to be seen again. The big issue I beleive is eiter ignorance or laziness, maybe a little bit of both.

Again as someone else said "Preaching to the Choir". If we could just educate some of those slobs out there it would make a huge difference.

Thanks to everyone who goes the extra mile to clean up after the trash. I for one would like to have my children enjoy the outdoors as well as I do, I don't need some other A-Hole out there ruining for me and them.

[This message has been edited by Melon (edited 01-12-2002).]

This post and replies is a perfect example of how the process of change occurs!!!

Stick to your guns people!! Don't be shy when approaching poachers or people that abuse our fine natural resources!!

I don't want my boy wading through someone elses garbage to catch more garbage!!!

Time to go fishing!!!!

Jim W

We had a pout on the ice on Lake Oahe a couple of years ago. The person who caught it had every intention of taking it home. He was happy he caught it! A warden stopped by to check us out. He questioned if we were going to keep it. When we said we were he got a funny look in his eyes. I don't think he believed us at first. tongue.gif

------------------
Kevin Neve's Devils Lake Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/kevin-neve-guiding/
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 701-473-5411 or 701-351-4989
Minnewaukan ND