• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

best road access to lake of the woods?

mrmillelacs

i'm going up to lake of the woods next week for a one day shot with the portable. just going to fish sunday, hit red lake later in the day crash in blackduck and hit mille lacs for some perch action on the way home .My question is who provides good road access onto lake of the woods' four mile bay, where you can get out to 25 feet or so and set up your portable? I've been to lake of the woods may times, but never tried the drive out yourself routin before. Thanks

Adrians Resort handles the road out next to
the Rainey River. The actual access is right
past Wheelers Point Resort it isnt hard to
find. Stop at Adrians, pay 5 bucks, and they
will give you any info you will need on the
road. That road will cross 4 mile bay and
over Pine Island out onto the lake...

I think that Randles or Walleye Retreat
or Cyrus or even Morris Point Resort must
have a road out on the other end of the bay
but I dont know that for sure.

Good luck

Curt Quesnell

try going out of morris point if you want direct access to the main lake Dennis or Jean are very nice to deal with. They used to charge 5$ for those who weren't guests. Was there last week and they were driving pickups out to 27 feet about 15" ice . We stayed with atv's. Fishing was awesome it get's better each year. Be Careful talk to the locals and don't take chances the weather is mild and things change daily. Good Luck!

try going out of morris point if you want direct access to the main lake Dennis or Jean are very nice to deal with. They used to charge 5$ for those who weren't guests. Was there last week and they were driving pickups out to 27 feet about 15" ice . We stayed with atv's. Fishing was awesome it get's better each year. Be Careful talk to the locals and don't take chances the weather is mild and things change daily. Good Luck!

We went out to Zippel Today, and yesterday. We were driving out to 28 feet of water with about 17 inches of ice. Fishing was pretty good, Nothing bigger than a pound and a half or so, but they were biting.

The resort has staked roads out, and charges 6 bucks to get on to the ice.