• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Irritated with snowmobilers and ATVers

Walleye One

Is anybody else sick of snowmobiles and ATVs racing around your fishing area. I was out on Green Lake last weekend and all day long was buzzed by these inconsiderate SOBs. I think its worse this year because there are more of them on the ice since they have no trails to go on due to the lack of snow. One guy set up his fish house and let his kid race around the area on his mini ATV. So much for a quiet day of fishing.

I am an avid snowmobiler as much as I am a fisherman. However, I know the feeling of being buzzed by the inconsiderate or ignorant people driving those machines. Its the same feeling as jet skis in the summer.
I give people the benefit of the doubt 2 times and then I usually request they back off.
Its all in common sense, respect, and attitude.
PCG

walleye one know the feeling,i was also at green saturday,moved 3 times,between more people moving in late afternoon and the snomobiles,just couldnt get away from the noise/activity until after 9:00,relaxed from
9 until midnight....finally......

On sunday I went to a small lake to get away from the crowds and sure enough some dude on a snowmobile kept buzzing by me and spinning donuts.I was just about to get out of the shack and tell him to back off and he left.Nothing against snowmobiles but he had the whole lake to do that but he had to do it right by me!!!!!!!!

Why is it that the state has laws that state that you must stay a certain amount of feet away from others on a lake in the summer but not in the winter? I believe the law should be that you have to be greater than 150' from any person fishing/fish house on a lake if you are traveling at more than a "snails pace". Same thing w/ vehicles there is no reason for the bonzai drivers to be go faster than 10mph near people/houses.

I know this is a little of subject but what about people who go and park their vehicle next to or in front of your house. Had someone do it to me so that I couldn't park my truck by the house and could barely get in the door. And this guy was fishing in a portable. 5' from my house that sits in the same spot all winter.

Chemist,
All you have to do is tell the moron to leave. It is against the law for anyone to set up less than 10 feet away from someone else's house unless they have permission to do so. I've had idiots try to set up so close to me that the ice shavings from their augers hit the side of my house!!
I've also come out to my house to find a couple of dip-sticks sitting along side of my house, fishing and using it a a wind-break.
All I've done is pull out my regs, show them the law and ask them to kindly leave as I pull out my cell phone. Never had to actually dial it though smile.gif
>"////=<

I have a problem with these trucks driving within 50 ft. of me and there's only 8 inches of ice! Dont these idiots check the ice before they go out? Yest. had a guy in a brand new Yukon drive right by, didnt even have his plates yet, I was cheering for the ice to crack, not for him to get hurt, but to teach the dumb-A$$ a expensive lesson!He drove so close, I thought I was going down!

I think I have some kind of attractant scent that draws snowmobiles, ATV's and even pickups to me. I could be the only one on the lake and they would come right next to my tip-ups. I ride a snowmobile and it isn't that hard to turn the handlebars that little bit to give a fisherman a little room. I can't believe that some people can be that inconsiderate. Just last weekend I had a guy in a pickup come within 1/2" of running over my tip-up.