• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish house letter and number height change from 3" to 2".

Here is the latest and greatest on the fish house letter and number height. A change from 3" to 2".

This was done in the last legislative go around and will be updated in the 2002 fishing regs.This will make it easier for people to get everything onto something smaller, especially for the portables.

www.DNR.state.MN.us

I heard that they did this change a while back as well.

I also heard that our governor, Jessie "the mind", is going to try to do away with fish house licenses. That would be great. About time they get rid of that rediculous law. It might have been OK 10 years ago, but in the current day of portable "fast attack" sleds, it just doesn't work trying to display a license and personal info. ND got rid of it, and I believe WI did also. They get plenty of revenue from us already. Land of 10,000 taxes, err, I mean lakes.

------------------
hook'm and cook'm

[This message has been edited by LMITOUT (edited 01-07-2002).]

I just re-read the regs on ice house ID; I didn't realize that even portables need the 3" letter ID info (I've been using mine w/o; doh!). How have others attached ID to portables so that they stay on -- I think if I use the stick-on block letters they will just fall off in the cold and constant folding/unfolding of the shelter. I need to get myself w/in the regs, so any suggestions would be great

I made my name plate using MS Word. All you have to do is :

JSMITH S-555-555-555-555 Make them big block letters. I printed it out on 8.5 x 11 paper trimmed it down and lamenated it. Then use safety pins to attach it. Real light weight and never have a problem with it getting wet. And the sticker license I just stick right to it. I can make it for you if you want just e-mail me.

Spike, I can do one for you too...send me your Drivers License # and a photocopy of your shack permit, I will make one......so I can use it grin.gif

Just kidding, if you don't have a laminator, use clear packing tape. I works very slick and when/if it gets wet, just print another one.

Val