• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnetonka Ice Conditions

Minnetonka

I live on Phelps Bay of Minnetonka. The ice thickness is highly variable. You can have 6+ inches in some of the small shallow bays and near shore. (This morning I saw a pickup parked on the ice by the Zimmerman pass bridge boat landing. The truck was very close to shore, 30 feet or so) I also saw open water this morning on my way to work on Spring Park bay by the end of Casco point and there was some open water east of Big Island.

------------------

Any one know how the Ice is on Minnetonka? I've seen people on Black Lake with ATV's and some other parts of the lake. How thik is the ice out there?

I was fishing in Carsons Bay in about 16ft of water with shinners and we were hitting the Northerns pretty good. We had about 6 to 8 inches of ice out there.