• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LakeMaster Minnesota 101 CD

Question

I've been out looking at the LakeMaster Minnesota 101 lake map CD online today and have seemingly missed something pretty fundamental about what you get with this CD.

Are gps waypoints part of the package? For example, if lake A is on the CD, are there waypoints for islands, bars, humps, etc in that water on the CD? If so, are they close (saw someplace where somebody said they could be off by 1/4 mile)?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Gordo

6 answers to this question

A point of interest about the Lake Master software. I fished winnie this winter, going out at Judds Resort. I marked a way point at the boat landing on my e-trex as we got on the lake. Then thru out the day marked a few more. Getting back home I transfered the new waypoints from my gps to the Lake Master program. Then I checked the map of winnie. All of the new waypoints were there about where I would expect them to be. But the one that showed me the accuracy was the one I marked at Judds landing. If you zoom in on the winnie map you can see Judds harbor and landing cleary. The way point I marked showed to be right on the spot in the harbor where the landing is. Close enough for me:-)

bigeyes, I'm going another route for the real time tracking. Hooking my etrex to a laptop and taking that fishing. Besides a laptop's not really considered a fishing toy. Now how do I keep it dry??

Bodyman,

Love that response.

The Garmin can be interphased with your computer and pulled up on lakemaster software. Your GPS then acts as an antannae. When you enable the tracking mode on your laptop you can follow your route across the lake. I'm not sure about bringing the laptop in a boat, as it's my companies and I don't want to blow it up, but it sure works great for icefishing. A guy can sure cut down on the number of holes he drills grin.gif

Lakemaster software can be found here:

http://fishingminnesota.com/lakemap/

------------------
Paul
[email protected]

Yes, I just got my Mille Lacs one, it also comes with 100 other lakes, I have not fished with it yet, but it is impressive! I can't wait to try some of the spots I marked! D-man talked me into getting one, with his experience, I think it will be an excellent tool! I talked to the reps at the sports show and was told that Raymarine will have a real bottom chip for mille lacs within 60 days for the gps units they make. He also said they are currently working with Magellen, and lowrance on chips that they hope will be rolled out this year, in new gps units! This will be amazing when you can see this level of detail in realtime as you are trolling a breakline or point! Unfortunately the reps told me that so far Garmin has shown no interest in getting a map chip from real bottom in there new units, this makes no sense to me, I like my Garmin, but will switch to Magellen if they are too stupid to work with real bottom! My wife will kill me if I buy another fishing toy!