• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sno-Boat II

jighead

Does anyone own a sno boat II and if so how well does it work? I have a Clam Classic 5' 6" and a fish trap two. I like the Clam classic but it can be a pain to set up when windy! I was thinking of buying a sno- boat for when I take my kid/wife fishing. I noticed that the sno- boat allows you to place your feet on plastic instead of the cold ice. I think this would be a pretty neat little set-up. Does it set up fast? Would a fishing buddy heater heat this up enough? Please let me know!

Mine is a good 10 years old, but still going strong. The floor is nice, but you will find that melted snow from your feet will freeze and give you an extra noise maker when you move in or out, or change sides.

Mine sets up in less than 60 seconds. Lift, secure bracket, lift opposite side, set bottom brace, and you're set. It will blow in the wind, but that's true of most.

I have a suggestion for the cold feet problem. Check at any of the discount stores for rubber door mats. I put them on the ice or snow under my feet and they not only help with the cold, but take care of the slippriness on the ice. They are relativley cheap and lay right in the bottom of the sled. I tuck mine in just under the front edge of the sled, it keeps the house from sliding as well. Just my 2 cents worth. bill turck st cloud

Jighead--
The Sno Boat II was advertised in Fleet Farm today. The new one is much lower than mine. I can stand in mine (I'm 5'11). Also, mine has windows on boat doors (with roll-up shades). Otherwise it is just about the same, and I suspect sets up just as quickly. The $199 tag is less than I paid in the late 80s.