• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

frabill cub ice tent

I just got a new frabill cub ice tent for christmas. Does anybody out there have one and how do you like it? I'm in Illinois and not enough ice yet as my wet left pant leg will agree! Thanks for any help!

A friend of mine has the cub and I have the Exporer-which is basically the same thing, just a foot shorter and 45 lbs vs. 75 lbs. It's perfect for one guy to handle. I really like mine. Sets up is a snap, but folding it up at night in the dark takes a little extra time, but not too big of job. The one thing you have to be concerned about with this model-and similar shelters- is that you need some kind of anchor system. The wind gets ahold of these very easy. Its just like putting up a big sail. A wind of 10 mph can give you trouble if there is no snow covering the ice. On the positive side, they are very easy to keep warm, unlike a Trap-type which can be a little more breezy. Overall, I'm satisfied with the shelter.
good luck
mike

THANKS MIKE, I HAVE THE BUDDY HEATER AND IT'S 9,000 BTUS HEATS MY SMALLER TENT INSTANTLY. IT ALSO SAILS WELL ON WINDY DAYS, I USALLY HAVE MY KID STAND IT UNTILL I CAN GET IN IT OVER MY HOLES.