• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vexilar Mag Sheild

Dr. Bob

Does anyone use one of these?

How do you like them?

I would want it to keep snow out of the unit while fishing outside.

I would like others opinions on them before purchasing one.

Thanks,

Dr. Bob

------------------
Crank the Shank!

my friend has a mag shield. i have glanced at it before and thought it looked distorted and i didn't really care for it,, i use a soft pack and that keeps the snow out while traveling across the lake and when i do use it out of my house in windy weather i just keep it zipped up and i can see it fine..

I bought a mag shield for my FL-8 last year. I prefer using it. It seems like like I can see the flasher better when I may be at an angle and checking out another close hole. I think that it also keeps the face of the flasher cleaner. Its a personal preference, and I plan of continuing to use mine.

Dr. Bob,
I use the mag shield, and the blue case as well, I started using the mag shield before I had the blue case, and it took a little getting used to, but I really like it. I open the blue case window, and fold it back, the mag shield works great, enlarges the veiwing area, and keeps snow and moisture out of the screen.