• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Snowmoblies

vikingtom

Calling the cops comes to mind. See if you can get any numbers, or description of the sleds, before they get there, that might help. Maybe you even know who they are?
Just a thought.

Set the Hook!!

Lundman

Make sure you have a camera (maybe a disposable one) in the fish house and when you hear them coming get outside and take a picture of them on the sled. Even if you don't get a good enough picture to identify the person or numbers it will certainly freak them out! They will know why your taking their picture!! Beyond that I have several other idea's I'll keep to myself!

Sadly, there is not much that can be done. I had the same trouble on Ottertail last Sunday evening. The few fish I had been marking were gone for good that night.Some vigorous fist pumping and bird flipping seemed to get the message across.

By the time a CO is contacted, they will be gone. Since they are on public waters, there is not much an officer can do, unless he witnesses a blatant disregard for safety or intent to harass.

I am a life long avid snomobiler, and do my best to stay well clear of anyone that I see ice fishing.

Many people who don't ice fish just don't know any better, or worse yet, don't care.

Great aint it?
We have to deal with Jet Skis in the summer and Snowmobiles in the winter.
It is usually only a few morons that give a black eye to the whole bunch.
GUYS- Doing anything that might hurt someone is not a good idea. I am assuming your just joking, but that makes us as bad or worse then them.
The camera idea is AWESOME though. Hell, you wouldnt even need a working camera with film. Just keep some crappy old camera in your gear, and point and click at them. I am guessing thats the last you would see of them.
Where I fished last year, there were enough houses together that we can park our pickups in a way that would have made it tough and pointless for a sled to try and get through because they would have to slow down to do it. Just another thought.
Jeremy

------------------
Born to Fish, Forced to Work!

I ain't going to that a bat with. That's just something I don't need with to carry. It's had to park vehicles on 5 inches of ice. I'm going with camra with film. I like picture of the big ones I throw back, so it's film and a #1 sign.

Piano wire perimeter? I wish, camera is a good idea, and keep in touch with the authorities, maybe there is not much they can do after the fact, but if they are aware of this kind of thing, and maybe hand out a few tickets, word gets out, and some punk buzzing fisherman might think twice if it will hit him in the pocketbook for acting like a @$$h@le. You never know when someone could be watching, and avoid doing anything that could egg these creeps on.

I usually wave to them in a friendly manner. often times they will turn around and come back to see how the fishing is. When that happens, I can respectfully educate them on proper ethics in regards to their disruption. I have had good success with this and I just ask them not to ride so close and I would appreciate it. Snowmobilers generally are not terrorists. Most of the time they just don't realize they are making such a nuisance of themselves. I at least try the kindness thing first before resorting to retaliation.