• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Zip Lure

fisherman

fisherman: I too have seen these advertised and have wondered the same thing. Today I purchased three of them. I am going up to Lake of the Woods one week from today and intend to give them an honest workout. I will give you any feedback around Jan 5 or 6.

If you have seen a Sonar, Zonar, Blitz Blade, Cicada, etc. or any like blade bait you have seen a ZIP.

A tip for effective vertical blade bait presentations is to cover lots of ground at peek times, like at dusk at dawn for walleye. Keep perch eyes or minnow heads in a film canister handy to tip the rear treble if need be.

In areas were a ton of perch anglers left holes all over the place sweep through them at dusk, 3-5 minutes a hole max. You will pick out active fish this way, a very efficient method.

Walleye, pike, trout, muskie, sumo perch, and even channel cats, most any predator fish really will smack a blade if they are in the mood. Pump the blade and fallow down on a tight line, an active presentation. Most hits happen on the fall and settle portion of the motion.

Nothing new exactly, Zips are just a very good blade bait well worth having a couple on hand all year around.

------------------
"Ed on the Red"
Backwater Guiding Service
[email protected]
fishingminnesota.com/ed-on-the-red/

King
i have seen them in wal-mart in willmar so i would guess all wal-marts would have them. if you are close to one, go in and check them out
gotta agree with B.E. tho--if you've seen one blade bait you've seen them all.

------------------
Roopy