• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Braided ice line

Mankato-Ice-Man

Just wondering what line you guys use for your winter line? I was thinking about trying some of the winter braided line on one of my spinning reels this year, but wasnt sure how well it works or not.

What ice line do you use most often, any types.

Thanks,
Jeremy

------------------
Born to Fish, Forced to Work!

Hi Jeremy, check out page 8 of this forum. There was a topic titled "mono vs. braided" this should clear up a few questions you may have.

I use fireline. I like it a lot for being able to feel the fish bite better. Don't foget to spool a few yards of mono on your reel first to keep the Fireline from spinning on the spool.

Braided line is the way to go. It has a smaller diameter, zero stretch, better sensitivity and works better in the cold. It excels when your line is being rubbed against the edges of the hole when your battling a fish. I use 20 pound test Spiderline Braid on my reels and 50 pound test Tuff Line Plus on my tip-ups.