• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Croxton Pond Bag

I want to get one, but, what are the dimensions? I need to know how long it is, so I can tell if my rods will fit in it? Anybody help me?
Thanks,

Set the Hook!!

Lundman

Hi Lundman...

Those bags look real nice, but I too wanted to know some details. I posted a while back and here is a response I received from Outsider. He said, "The Croxton Pond bag is excellent. I have sold them here in the store and used one now for a couple of seasons. They will easily accommodate your 32-inch rods and keep them out of harms way. They still get the tangles if you don't pack them right. I am always in a hurry and tend to just through things in the bag. In mine you will usually find four rods and reels in one pouch and 6 or 7 jig sticks in the other and in the third pouch three medium size plastic box's full of tackle, my GPS, a Strike Master hand held sonar, a small radio, sunglasses, bait cans and more. In two winters of use the bag still looks great and noting has ever been broken."

If your using anything longer than 32" I can't help you. All I can say is that right after I finish this post, I'll be ordering one.

Hope this helps a bit......Dan

A Great ice gear system Lundman!

I have 2 years on mine and it looks like the day I got it, not many things I own can say that. LOL!

I hear rumors of a larger version but I have yet to see one myself. (HINT-to-SANTA) I have a few custom rods that are too long for this bag so I could use a longer tote. Croxton Pond has a gear tote system for summer rods too, nice deal too Eh!

You will love it. I could use it for packing rods for a fly in or pack in trip with no worries of damage to 2 piece rods.

Lundman email me and I may have some other info for you on this subject.

[email protected]

------------------
"Ed on the Red"
Backwater Guiding Service
[email protected]
fishingminnesota.com/ed-on-the-red/

I told Santa that I either want "a mistress for Christmas" or a Croxton Pond bag. She...um, I mean, Santa didn't think much of the first idea, so I hope to be getting the bag. Hopefully, I've broken my last ice rod.

I ordered mine 2 weeks ago.....along with the angel-eye jrs........they were delivered 3 days later.
I love the bag ! No problem putting 5 of my 27" and 28" rods inside with lots of room in the outside pockets for miscellaneous items.....
It leaves the bucket open for carrying all the un-breakables like rod holders, bait buckets, Baileys & coffee, oh yeah.....and tackle.

Hey Twitter...

I was unable to get my bag ordered today, but just as a confirmation... Will a 30" or 32" rod fit in the bag? I've been told they will, but would like a second opinion.

Thanks......Dan

I am going to look at ordering one right now. I have been stuck using the old five gallon bucket, but these sound like a good way to relieve some of that mess. smile.gif Thanks for the info guys.

Good Luck!!
Rusty