• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Line Vs. Summer Line

I see alot of people in the winter using the ice line from Trilene.
I have tried this line in the winter, and went back to Trilene's XL series and use it year round.
I have found that the ice line stretches quite a bit. In an 18" piece of line, you can stretch it almost 3 inches.
Just wondering what everyones opinion is on ice line. I found that I can manage regular line without any difficulties, even when its -20.
PCG

Trilene- Fireline micro ice, 4lb. Its "alright" line. If any other companys made braided line for ice fishing i would jump on it in a heart beat. I have caught plent of 4-7lb pike on that line. also lots of craps and gills

This is the first time I have strayed from my tried and true Trilene XL. I picked up a couple small spools of this PLine Floroice line from Thorne Bros. And P.C.G. is correct. This line does have a bit of stretch to it as well. I have yet to compare it to my standard Trilene.

If/when we get some ice around here, I'll try to do a real life comparison and see if it actually makes a difference. The jury is still out so we'll have to wait and see.

Dan