• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

THE ICE GODS ARE PISSED!!!!

Judd

Who did it? Did someone complain about last years exceptionally long season? Does anybody still have fish from last season in the freezer they didn't eat? Who? What? This is getting serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did it! In October I purchased my first snowblower and a couple weeks ago I bought my first snowmobile. I'm just about finished with a 7x14 fish house on wheels so you can blame me for killing OLD MAN WINTER. I really didn't mean to hurt him,...honest I didn't.-TROY

No. I'm sorry. It's all my fault.

I built four, count'm, FOUR ice houses this summer. Three went quick and I got stiffed for the fourth. No problem, I thought, it's not what I would have built for myself but "it'll do". I also built and installed a flat, carpeted floor in my portable. Completely cleaned the augers and spent close to $500.00 on new gear I really didn't need!!!

Not to mention all the mods to the I.F.V. (Ice fishing vehicle)

OH, THE SHAME!!!! I'm really sorry folks. I now know the error of my ways and wish to make ammends. If we ever get ice, it's deer sausage and cold ones at Dan's Green House on Waconia.

Again, my sincere apologies.....Dan

Whew. You guys are making me feel better. Here this whole time I didn't say anything 'cause I thought it was my fault. I planned a LOW trip for the 13th-18th first one in 5 years(canceled) and bought a snow blower. Being that Dan is offering sausage and beer I would have to go with him wink.gif. Dan if we don't have ice what color boat should we be looking for. Do you think if we all got our boats ready for fishing the ice gods would try to screw us and give us ice?

OK I think it may be my fault.I have not winterized my boat and have been using it and still enjoying it.But I too spent near 1000 bucks gearing up for the ice season.I love it and I hate it.(I still aint putting htat boat away untill I see a good 4" out there)

OH NO!!! Fishhead, you just reminded me about my boat!!! AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!! It's ME!!! It's ALL ME!!!!! Looks like I'm going to have to break out the grill too. The shame!!! The shame!!!

Dan

BTW....Just in case the ice never comes, it's a blue Lund Angler. Powered by Yamaha. Just look for the one with the grill on the casting deck.

My God am I glad to hear it's Dan's fault. All my ice buddies are blaming me just because I took my golf clubs out of my trunk in late December because we were going to have early ice this year. I wore shorts to work a couple of days to make up for my gross lapse in judgement( using the wax the car it will rain theory) I even put my clubs back in the trunk. If we get ice soon , I swear I will give up my evil ways, or at least a few of them. I think all of you guys out there should get the shorts back out , it can't hurt.

I did it also. I was talking to my old man about how much ice we already had by now. Maybe I have some fish in my freezer from last winter? ill have to go home and find out? tell him to bring it all to his work and have a cook out.

It was me! I bought a new fish trap and spent another 250$ bucks gearing up with new stuff I didn't need. Anyway you have heard of: If you build it they will come? smile.gif If you head North there will be ICE!

[This message has been edited by Morrocco Mole (edited 12-19-2001).]

Maybe it was me...I havent bought ANYTHING for ice fishing. I am making myself wait till next year to spend the $1000 on ice fishing gear, and use my buddies this year. Maybe it I wouldve bought something, it wouldve gotten cold sooner.