• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MORA OR LAZER 6 " HAND AUGER ??

HI ALL,
IM IN UPSTATE NEW YORK (OSWEGO,NY) AND HAVE A QUESTION ON HAND AUGERS. I CANT AFFORD A GAS AUGER AT THIS TIME , SO IM BUYING A STRIKEMASTER HAND AUGER AND HAVE TO DECIDE ON EITHER THE MORA OR THE LAZER. ANY EXPIRENCE OR SUGGESTIONS APPRECIATED.FLAG!!!

Thank you all for the info, I'v bought the lazer 6" and cant wait for ice to try it out . bought the 6" as that was the only choice either a mora 6" or lazer 6" in stock at Wal- mart.Flag!!!
P.S. Will you guys send some of that ice my way Please?

I had a Mora and a friend of mine showed up with a Lazer - I never touched a Mora again. The extra money doesn't even come close to now much better the Lazer is! You'll spend the "extra" money when you throw the Mora away anyway.

Get the 6". Unless you plan on catching huge fish all the time you are much better off with the 6". I have a 5" that I have used in town. I have also used an 8" and a 10". I would never buy a 10" again I never got through the ice. Keep things easy and make your fishing enjoyable. Also you can drill overlapping holes to land those bigger ones anyways.

BBF
I wouldn't go any larger than a 6". For every inch in diamter you increase in size, it takes twice as much energy to drill a hole. Well maybe not twice as much, but it is more work and you will have to get your blades sharpened more often. I have a 7" and wish I would have bought a 6" or maybe even a 5"---although a 5" may get a little small when using a vexilar.

good fishing

mike