• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Attn: HtchEyeCatcher

LMITOUT

Just wondering if you've seen any fishable ice around our area? I drove up to Jenny after work tonight and to my surprise I saw two people in portables out!! Another guy was there with his spud and he said it was marginal at best (2-3") and didn't know how thick it was where the other guys were at....he didn't go that far out. Sounds like it just froze over in the past few days and was open in spots yesterday.

Drove by Belle and it was wide open. Same with Stahl. The 40° temps and wind tomorrow won't help us.

[This message has been edited by LMITOUT (edited 12-14-2001).]

Yup and people wonder why they fall through!
I heard there were a few people out on Allie, too! I think maybe have to head to MN river and try some bank fishing...maybe the cats will bite. Either that or make a trek out west to Dakotas or head north...way north!!! Otherwise that ice is way too thin for me... shocked.gif I like at least 4-5 in. before I get out there.

I agree. I drove up to Jennie today and no one was out. This 40°+ and wind is opening everything back up again. There were a few people on Wolf also, but the lake was partially open as well. I guess I'll drill my first holes back in ND over the Christmas weekend when I'm back.

Have you or anyone else heard anything about the ice fishing contest on Lake Washington??? I caught a little bit of something on the radio in town here about it. Dassel Rod and Gun is supposedly sponsoring it. Like to know more info.