• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Humminbird 100 LCD Fish Locator

jdm911

Was wondering if anyone uses LCD Finders on the ice, I have a portable 100sx, knowing that I would not get the info that I would with a vex, would I get any use out of this at all? any help would be great....also I am from northern WI (has been in 40's, no ice)

I have one, [ I think you & I may be the only ones to still use them. wink.gif ] I use for checking depth mostly. When I use a lake map, & I am trying to locate some structure(drop offs/humps/etc.), I drill a series of holes & use it to find the spot I'm looking for. I also leave the Fish alarm on & then go clean the next few holes, then come back & move to the next hole. If the alarm goes off, then I'll try the hole for a while. If not, I move to the next hole & repeat the process til I find the place I originally was looking for. This is how "I" use mine.
You're gonna hear a lot of people telling ya to sell it & buy a Vexilar, or another type of locator. If you have the money & desire. Do so. But, Hang on to the Humnbrd. It does have its place.

------------------
Good Luck & Watch your bobber!
MnSportsman
Proud to be a member in good standing, of the
"Church of the Divine Wilderness"!
;)

There's at least three of us now! We should stick together cuz MnSportsman is right - everyone will tell you to buy a Vex. They truly are the best for ice. I opted for the Humminbird to use in my boat or on the ice and not go broke. I mainly use it for depth also. If it's possible to crank up the sensitivity enough to find a 1/16 oz jig, I haven't been able to do it. I also use it to find a hard bottom. Seems to be pretty good at that. I don't have a 100% confidence in the fish alarm but it picks up most of them.