• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Particle Board Portables

Creek Kid

I have an older Shappell w/ particle board floors that doesn't pull over snow real well when loaded with gear. Any suggestions to make it a little more slippery? It was a rummage sale find for $65 so I'm not interested in spending much. Are there any spray products that would work?

If the wood is smooth enough you could put a paste wax or auto wax on it. Other wise you could use a spay wax.
I have seen some people make a sled out of two snow skis, find them at Goodwil, and a square wood frame that is maybe three or four feet wide and maybe two feet tall and four feet long. If you have some scrap wood you can make one pretty cheap.
The best thing you can do is get the shack off the snow, like on a sled. With a wood bottom there probably isn't much you can do to make it any easier to pull.

Thanks for the replies. Want to stay away from the sled & skis. Seems like it would add a lot more bulk. Where can I find "spray" wax? Am not sure if I've seen that before. Looked for some at Fleet Farm by spray paints. Is it car wax or floor wax? I think this idea is what I've been looking for. Thanks.