• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FL-18 Anyone Using One Now?

icedog

Your right. For a little more you can get a 19/9 dual. I have an old FL 8 with a 19, so I will use that. Vexlar stated that 12 is the best if you don't want to use the dual. Is any one using the dual 19/9? How is it work. Is it better than just have a 12?

Crappieman, I use the FL-18 with the dual transducer and it works great. I can't really answer your question as I have never used the 12 degree transducer. I fished in 12 feet of water recently and the low power setting worked good too.

I have had an FL-8 with the 9/19 transducer for two years now. I definitly am glad I spent the extra money for it. I use the 19 when I am searching for fish and then switch to the 9 degree cone when I have found them. In the 9 cone you have a much better idea of where a fish is in relation to your lure and how it is reacting to your presentation. In the 9 degree cone you know that fish is almost on top of you and has a lot of interest, you miss less bites because of it. Also if you fish right next to a buddy as I do, you are much less likely to have his lure enter your cone even in 30 feet of water, therefore you don't get as confused about which lure is yours and who's lure the fish is really after. Plus it makes it a lot harder for Cyberfish to fool me into thinking some little fish is chasing my lure, but I can do it to him. Also the deeper the water becomes you get better target separation with a 9 than a 19 which is helpful when on a school of deep crappies.