• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Swivl Eze Seat Problem

hydro

Question

I have a 2001 Alumacraft with (presumably) a 2001 Swivl-Eze pedestal seat in back. This is a seat for the driver with a round base (approx 9 inches) that screws into the deck. It does not drop into the deck like the other seat posts in the boat. The weld broke where the seat tube attaches to the base. Now it is broken, loose, turns rough, and is annoying. I need a new pedestal base and tube assembly (essentially one piece with the weld). Does anyone know where I can find this? I want to avoid buying the entire seat assembly with chair mount. I have checked Gander, Galyans, etc. Thanks.

6 answers to this question

I have a 2001 Alumacraft with (presumably) a 2001 Swivl-Eze pedestal seat in back. This is a seat for the driver with a round base (approx 9 inches) that screws into the deck. It does not drop into the deck like the other seat posts in the boat. The weld broke where the seat tube attaches to the base. Now it is broken, loose, turns rough, and is annoying. I need a new pedestal base and tube assembly (essentially one piece with the weld). Does anyone know where I can find this? I want to avoid buying the entire seat assembly with chair mount. I have checked Gander, Galyans, etc. Thanks.

Thanks for the ideas. Actually, I am the 2nd owner (bought from a pro guy) and the dealer can't help me. I called Alumacraft directly and they were cool about it and said they would help, but I would have to make the drive to St. Peter. Furthermore, I would receive a different brand seat mount that does not fit the existing holes or base imprint. I guess they switched mfgs. Probably a good idea. I decided that finding the exact part on my own might make more sense. Any more ideas for Swivl Eze parts? Thanks again.

I under stand the original owner clause may make the warranty on the seat null and void, but hopefully if you talk to the original dealer they can work something out for you. A good dealer wants you coming back to them for service work and your next boat. It might be worth a try. Good luck.

[This message has been edited by MacMan (edited 04-27-2002).]