• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trolling Motor Mounted Transducer??

Question

Got one those set-ups(bracket and hose clamp) to mount trnasducer to bow mount troll motor. Wondering the best way to deal with the transducer cord?? Now I have the cord cable tied to the shaft of motor right above the collar that regulates depth of prop...but that leaves that length of cord from there down to transducer kind of just hanging there and subject to damage I would think. Is there another place to tie the cord or any other methods anyone has used??

2 answers to this question

You want to use cable ties at the bottom of the motor was well, drill a pilot hole on the upper corner of your skag of the motor. Use the hole to run a cable tie around the cord. Leave enough cord so the motor can fully extend. When pulling the motor out of the water, becareful not to let the cord get pinched in the mounting brackets of the motor. Minn-kota also now has motors with the ducer and cord built right into the motor. Good Luck...

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/

I just set up one of these systems on my
boat. I have a Minnkota, that I got from D-man there. Here is how I did mine:

I used wire ties on the lower part of the
motor as D-man suggested, and snugged them down tight so they would keep the cable from
contacting the prop.Next, on the front corner
of the motormount on the bow, I drilled a
second hole so I could put another wire tie.
This one I kept partially open so the cable
can slide through as you lower/raise the motor.Now comes the tricky part.You have to find a way to keep tension on the cable to keep the slack out of it,as it will drift back towards the prop.For my
first time out, a little electrical tape
securing the ducer cable to the coiled power cable worked okay,but Since I will
be using the motor a different depths,the ammount of slack/tension will vary throughout the day,so I am coming up with a more permanent solution. My plan is to attach
a small hose clamp to the ducer cable,to this I will attach one of those retractable keychains,and mount it as to take up any slack.If you come up with a better idea,I am open for suggestions. While it is a little more of a hassle, it is real nice to have that locator working on the front half of
the boat. Good luck!!