• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First time out!!!

Well Friday was my first time out on the ice, and as you can see they seemed to be hungry!!! I caught my limit of Jumbo's and Eye's, in total I would have to say I caught at least 50 perch in all. They were all at least 10" long and healthy as ever, they seemed to bite like they did 5 yrs ago, we can only hope they continue!!!

Not a better view!!!

setup.jpg

I couldn't keep 2 line's in the water!!!

2jumbos.jpg

17" eye

eye3.jpg

16" eye

eye1.jpg

13" South Dakota Jumbo

jumbo3.jpg

12" Jumbo

jumbo.jpg

Perchjr

That is sweet!!!! What body of water is producing those size of perch? I went to fort Thompson on friday and got my limit of eyes out in the spillway behind the dam. You had to fish through alot of small ones to get a keeper but it was fun. Probably caught 30 13-14" walleyes to get 4 keepers.

Cold, I took the CAT out to Richmond on Wednesday and everything seemed to work great, of course there wasn't any snow to plow through but hopefully there will be soon!!! grin.gif And to answer your question, deadminnowcatcher.............. sorry to say that "LAKE X" is my secret little spot grin.gif I am just hoping it stays a secret for as long as it can!!!

Perchjr

Close, It is in the NE part of the state but not Waubay!!! Like I said before a secret hot spot that I swore I would not tell anybody about, If I wanna keep catching fish like these I have to keep things quite!!! grin.gif

Perchjr

I haven't heard anything this week, I am heading out tomorrow to try it again so I will know more tomorrow night. I was at Richmond last wednesday and there was a good 10" then but since this warmer weather I have no clue what to tell yah!!! Good luck and be careful I will try to update this post tomorrow night.

Perchjr

I was on Richmond Sunday, and there was still 8" or a little better of good ice...I don't think it is losing too much these days, because it is still below freezing overnight. It is only in the mid-40s for a few hours through the middle of the day.

Verg, PerchJr, tell me, tell me! I promise I won't tell all of minnesota.... Isn't it funny how when you post some pics everybody wants to know where you are fishing. Good old internet scouting. Nice fish jr. Just remember to keep those lips tight and hopefully you won't have too many shacks within 10 feet of yours.... shocked.gif swamp

I believe that this HSOforum is here to share information on things like presentations, new products, ice/water conditions and various other things. But, I don't believe that someone else should fill your bucket full of fish for you. Congratulate the guy on a nice catch, then get out there and start fishing and hope you find your own honey hole! Then you can post pics and make him wonder where you caught yours...