• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Line counter type reels.

minneman

Question

I'm thinking about a new reel. I do alot of trolling and drift fishing for walleye's and I read where the Line counter type's have improve over the old type and that they are pretty much right and nice to know where you are at. Anyone have thoughts on this vs the reg. bait caster.

2 answers to this question

If you want to save money and still count your line, there is a counter made that you attach to your rod that only costs about $12=14. The guy from In-Fisherman was talking about them at his seminar in Fargo. They can also be used to load the correct amount of line to your reel.

------------------
Phyl

I'm thinking about a new reel. I do alot of trolling and drift fishing for walleye's and I read where the Line counter type's have improve over the old type and that they are pretty much right and nice to know where you are at. Anyone have thoughts on this vs the reg. bait caster.