• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Open Water 2006 Reports Part II

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CNY Outdoorsman - Have a safe trip Jeffrey, and give them frenchies the what for smirk.gif

BJI - Tried to call the office and your busy bub yet again smile.gif Well done on your Challenger deal. Sounds like you got a sweet bof full for your trip, don't forget the twisters. I will let North Shore, CNY Bruce and Franky know for sure when your firm on your final intinerary..

Speaking of CNY Bruce and his buddy Rack they whacked em the same evening North Shore, Kyle, Don and I were fishing they got there early to secure there spots bridge right and had there limit in no time flat. They even saw Kyle pitching from atop of the barrier grin.gif

Late night during the week walleyes can be had as well regardless of wind, jigs are working extremely well early evening and for us night owls as well. I ordered more K-Grubs yesterday and more heads and I should have them by Saturday fingers crossed.

Don't know what's going on for tonight yet but I snapped of 11 hours of sleep last night and feel great.

Made it out for Walleyes another 3 times. The walleyes have been hitting really short been hooking up and loosing 3-4 fish an evening. I really need to get too the store (30 mins away) and get some new treble hooks.

But anyways here are the pics of 4 seperate fish

DSC01379.jpg

DSC01381.jpg

DSC01382.jpg

Awright Timmy way to go, nice eyes wink.gif

Dark Cloud - Must be a sign on that stand that says "Big Bucks Parking Only. Way to go Lauren that's a slammer! Congrats to AB too and the photographer, nice shot Jay...

A slow night tonight on the lake after the rain let up. Managed a couple nice eyes 20/21. Had the third one hooked up on the "I always say last cast" grin.gif and managed to drop him off just off the shore. Had some mono problems so I packed it in before the third one. There were only a couple others out on the flat rock.Oh well 2 is better than one or none.The challenger minnow in silver and black was the hit tonight. grin.gif

Alright Greg! Hey man how long were you out there? It rained pretty hard hear at 4:40 and the leaves clogged up the sewers and some places the water was over the curb, you had to drive very slow, that standing water can be tough to see. Tyler and I went to dinner and stopped at the Marine Recruiter's to shoot the breeze.

John - Well you know how I feel about big walleye cranks grin.gif Like Doug Stange says, "Big Walleyes love big cranks" Larry has been throwing the 4.5" Challenger Minnow all season and Mike too and I think they have been getting the bigger fish at the bar, I will have to confer with Franky on this but it seems like those guys always have one over 23". Look if the 10 pounder will hit a 5" Clown Super Rogue then a 12 pounder will hit a 6.5" Challenger Magnum Minnow. I like it John especially when you add the gold! wink.gif

I fished from 930-1100. No rain at all. Not much chop either. Like I always say the bigger the bait the bigger the fish. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifI like to throw the big black and silver husky and see what hits it. Its kinda like seperating the men from the boys.The one I lost last night was no guppy. 26 or better. Oh well. wink.gif

Timmy,

Looking forward to heading east Monday to fish with you...

A buddy of mine that I work with gave me some 5" Curl Tail Grubs to try. One of colors he gave me is Gizz Shad.....black and gray/green. Looks like it needs one of those 3/16 oz jigs of yours to seal the deal... shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

BfishN Tackle has em in those in between sizes with the plastice keeper. Did you check em out yet? Got 25 unpainted coming, hopefully tomorrow. If they dont make it tomorrow or Monday at least I got lead smile.gif Jay told me about using heavier jigs when conditions dictate it. I was 1/8 oz. guy my whole life until this season when we started mixing it up in the boat. Those K- Grubs are the strongest grub I ever seen no more tail bite offs or rip downs. Yeah they cost a little more but the piece of mind of not having to readjust tails or changing em do to short strikes pays off in the long run. Man I hope they get here tomorrow!

Hey there....sounds like im not missing a whole lot yet... slow night on the night i left....for those who dont know i left for Europe the 16th at about noon... 2 hour drive to albany, then couple hour flight to detroit...had a layover then flew 8 hours into London. Another few hour layover then 2 hour flight to Rome, Italy. Somehow I had the strength to walk a few miles through the streets of Rome and Ssee the Colloseum lit up.... Amazing. Will be posting pictures soon . From here me and my sister are heading to Paris via train and making some stops in between. Hope everyone has some hot fishing, just leave enough for me to stock up when i come back.

CNY Outdoorsman: Enjoy your trip with sis. The goose season is closed but he fishing is good. Of course we will leave some eyes for ya. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifHeadin south on Mon so I will be out of touch for a bit. Hopefully Micheal will be back so we can get a few hunts in. smile.gif

Opening day of gun here today. Dad shot a hell of a nice 8 point about 7:30 am. Not as big as the one with the bow but a real nice prety rack. As soon as I figure out moms kodak "easy" share I'll put up some picts. I stayed in the tree all day and about 3 a very nice buck showed up and I skrewed up bigtime. Tracked him for a few hundred yards only finding a few drops of blood. Definatly rushed the shot. Later...

Way to go Tank! No doubt Jay you were still excited about Dad getting that dandy in the morning when you put the cross hairs on that buck. Are you gonna look for him in the morning or did you just give him a trim you think?

Hey Tank . . .great job!!! Still looking for mine but those blasted walleyes seem to be easier to hunt. Back from the land of 80 degree golf courses . . .hated to have to play while there. Now to get serious about a deer and a few more walleyes. Too bad work gets in the way. Saw the ice fishing string . . .will have to look into that before bed time.

Timmy,

I saw the last two minutes of the Steelers-Browns game. What is up with giving Big Ben 224 yds passing the 4th quarter? I am happy in the outcome, but you guys had the W all day. And I think your guy Edwards needs some sticky glue LOL, because that was the game right there.

I am still planning on coming up tomorrow....give me a call at home from your work place to finalize the plans.

Just got done putting fresh line on my rods....6lb CX Premium on my jigging rod, and 6lb Crystal Fireline on the plug rod. grin.gif

Johnny there waiting for you big guy. Fishingking came out for a bit of bar hopping on a Sunday night. I was beside myself yet again as my Browns could not hold a lead. confused.gif

Anyways I'm too pumped to even get p.o.d anymore about football. Like I told Jay on the phone congrats to the Champs for coming back and winning the game just goes to show you that you have to respect the Champs and the Browns got a good dose of Steeler brilliance late, and now to the fish. First off the wind may have been Northwest but it was blowing directly in on on us 7-10 mph. When I got there at 5:45 Franky was left, then Jan, then Herb and last but not least Larry. Franky had 1, Jan had 2, Mike who was there earlier got a limit quick, Herb had a limit and Larry too when they left. I didn't do jack until I moved to Dark Cloud's X-Rap point, had to muscle my way in and made short work of it, about an hours worth with about 35 min. on Dark Clouds spot. Here some pics of the boys with there fish.

Jan with a limit...

nov192006006xv9.jpg

Fishingking with a couple...

nov192006008tl8.jpg

CNY Tim with two from his limit...

nov192006004ti7.jpg

Johnny I'll call you at home to firm up tomorrows deal. Franky was having problems with a equipment and left early but hopefully he will be able to go again tomorrow night.

Black/Chrome Challenger junior minnow did the deed for me tonight. Larry I can't post stringer shot's, site rules but yours were indeed healthy yet again wink.gif

Big Johnny Ice is coming east! grin.gif Yeah buddy and Franky is in! smile.gif

Johnny my Mom is going to get Amanda off the bus so I am all set. Tried to call you back Johnny and the phone was busy.. See you in a few hours....