• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fireline Crystal

tweedlap

i had it on the reel most of the summer, same properties as original but a bit lower vis, not a huge difference in my mind. granted i will continue to use it over the smoke. i still have a couple rods spooled with the hot pink stuff that did just as well as the crystal when fished side by side. Jonah

I put some on for trolling this fall. I didn't use a leader and still caught fish but this was at night. Instead of respooling for some daytime fishing, I just used this setup for casting. The thing I really noticed was on a sunny day in clear water, the crystal really stands out. I was casting a shallow stick bait and I could see the line all the way from the rod to the lure. I'm sure in deeper water this goes away but I'm anxious to see how it works with the AquaVu as soon as we get ice. BTW, I was using 20lb crystal line. I did buy some 8/2 crystal to try on the ice.

I ran the 14 and 10 pound stuff on a couple of my flatline setups all summer and I like it. Can't say that it caught any more fish for me than the smoke would have though, but I'll keep using it for trolling anyhow.

I knew that hot pink set up was going to come back to bite me. smile.gif I used the green and pink this season and caught fish with both. I'm interested in the crystal myself. You guys that have used it, can you see it well against the water on a cloudy day? Particularly in jigging and rigging applications.

By the way Steve, I did catch the mystical "White Walleye" on the hot pink. smirk.gif

Big Johnny Ice and Dark Cloud used it extensively open water this season and they love it. So much so there purchasing the 1 & 2 lb. for deepwater jigging through the ice. The 6lb. test can handle big walleyes very well. I ordered 1,2,3 and 4 pd. test to try.

I use crystal 4# on my jiggen rods and really like it plus its tough to break, got a 30" flathead on the St Croix in with no problems, good stuff! Plus I can vertical jig in deep water with a lighter jig!