• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Info on FFO in Spirit Lake IA ?

rascalP

Question

Can anyone give me some more info on FFO in Spirit Lake? Are the factory refurbished rods available year round or just seasonal? Also do they have any of the old Berkley Power baits? Don't like the new ones. I'm running out of the 4" black power grubs. Thanks for any info.

4 answers to this question

I was last there in November. They had rods all over the back of the store -- new and refurbished.

I didn't search for it, but Berkley has a HSOforum that links to the outlet store. It might be your best bet on getting info.

Power baits are everywhere in the store -- mostly the new ones.

Their HSOforum is at:
http://www.ffo-tackle.com

It seems like somebody posted a toll free no. for the store recently on a thread somewhere in fishingminnesota, but don't have that available right now.

They typically have more variety, product and run more and better specials at the store itself. For instance, it looks like they've currently running a special on the Cardinal Agenda online for $19.95 and last summer they sold them in the store for $10.00. I don't know how much reconditioned stuff they sell online either.

They have tons of Powerbait at the store for very good prices.

Bottom line - the online store is decent but if you can make to the store you'll like that better in terms of price, availability and variety.

I've been there every summer for the last 10 years and have never been disappointed.

uffdapete --

Having been there every summer for the past 10 years, I'm willing to bet you've spent a bundle -- even at reduced, bargain prices.

You've got to be a well equipped angler.

I was there on march 29, lots and lots of stuff. mostly new power baits though. I wish there were some way to get the old power worms in the plastic container though. The line strippers and hook sharpeners were 1.50$ each. lots of good deals!
JC