• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Northern Pike Photo Gallery

Rick

Well here are some Northern that have payed a visit to my boat in the last 3 week.

This one was 33" I was by my self so I had to do it this way. I had cought 4 of them this size in 2 days.

NP627a.jpg

This one was 32". By the way all of these fish are from south of the Twin Citys.

NP705a.jpg

Tom M with a 30".

NP705b.jpg

32"

np705C.jpg

This one is from last saturday at Madison Lake 33" I think.

NP726.jpg

Now these are from Sunday.

TNP727b.jpg

TNP727c.jpg

TNP7272a.jpg

You will be glad to know they haven't started to loose there teeth yet. smile

Here's my 10 year old daughter with her PB northern to date. A 31" caught trolling cranks about 15' down over 30' of water off of a weed edge. Needless to say, she was excited!

080808gatorlq6.jpg

Brian

Here are my 4 from my last trip to URL. 41.5", 40", 36.5" and a 34". My wife caught the 40 and 36.5 and did a great job holding up with the pressure of me barking instructions at her. We where tolling but the super fat 36.5 she picked up while reeling in the large crankbait to check for weeds. What a rush!

URL2008015Johns415.jpg

URL2008018Julies40-1.jpg

URL2008022Julies365.jpg

URL2008025Johns34.jpg

This is from last summer and since i didn't get to go back up to canada this summer to try and beat this beast I figured i'd post it in here.

I chased big pike up on Lac Seul for 2 of the 5 days I was up there and didn't manage anything over 33.

Then on my last day up there jigging for walleyes this thing comes along and nips up my jig. Set it perfect, big pink gumball jig right in the corner of this fish's mouth.

n135400772_30421185_8707.jpg

it was tough to get a good measurement on him but it looked like 41-42" and absolutely built.

Thanks.

I hate to say it, but both of those fish went under the knife. My wife and I were guests at her friend's cabin and I don't know the husband that well. I wanted to release both of the fish, but he insisted that we keep them. We threw numerous 2-3 lb fish back because they were "too small" to bother with.

I didn't really know how to say that keeping big pike like that hurts the lake, without sounding like a know-it-all. Just didn't want to tick him off...

What would you have done?