• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Northern Pike Photo Gallery

Rick

my lil one got this today on a crappie setup. it came in/out of the camera a few times before it finally took the bait. she fought it for about 6mins before i could finally get it up the hole. her PB a tad over 10lbs and 36" adn chunky

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

explained to her why we needed to let her go. shes still swimming

IMG_1288.jpg

You know what you guys may be right. It would be cool knowing that it was even heavier then we thought.

Weighing her was kind of a weird situation. I did not have my nice digital but my buddy had his little spring scale that went to 15 pounds. I usually don't wait big fish anyhow. So we put her in a 5 gallon bucket Weighed it and then subtracted the bucket.

Now that I think about it I should've got the girth but in the excitement I forgot plus I want to get her back in the water fast

She was very chunky looks like she had a good diet of sunfish,perch and whatever else that swims

Maybe she was on a diet considering she hit a little demon glow and crappy minnow LOL

I used to have a few of those de-liar spring scales, and they are not accurate at all. The one that went up to 10 pounds was close, but the one that went to 25 was off by multiple pounds, go figure. I don't even worry about weight anymore, and just measure length. Chunky 36" means more to me than a 15 pound pike.

the last few outings we've had very good luck on bigger fish. both using traditional tipups and rod/reel tipups like the Ht Ice Rigger. which is my new favorite way when conditions allow.

IMG_1204.jpg

we've also have seen them in the house on camera which has kinda hindered are panfishing lol but well worth the trade off for bigger fish.

quite often they have shown some different behaviors than normal as well.

such as comin and literally sleepin on the bottom.

sorry its not a good pix,"taking a pix of the camera screen does sumthing funky" wish i had video of her but there was not a single fin moving on her. we did end up catching her after about 30mins of tossing all sorts of combos at her. she finally decided to eat a small spoon tipped with minnow head. she went 27.5"

021515sleepingpike.jpg

021515sleepingpike2.jpg

here are sum other pix of our recent fish

28" with a bite mark. i wish i wouldve caught wat tried to eat it lol

021515285inch.jpg

my buds 31.5" 8.5lbs

021515315inch7lbs.jpg

my 32.5" 9.5lbs

021515325inch9lbs.jpg

after weight sum our recent fish on a nice digital scale, i do believe that my daughters 36" was alot heavier then 10lbs lol.

we caught a couple of these bait stealers too lol

02151535lbs.jpg

YOUR WELCOME to whomever left this for me to pick up. i dunno what it is but seems tobe more n more trash left on the ice this yr. i now kept a spare trash bag cz everytime i go out im picking up trash

SMH

sorry gang just had to rant, i doubt its anyone of our members

021515slobs.jpg

Pulled this 38"er last week

Normally I would have  done the "Portait" and released him... But was fishing "Solo"  5 minutes on the side of the boat wrestling with the net...an explosion of energy took the net over the side of the boat...Had to reel in the fish and the net! By the time I got the fish and my HANDMADE Crappie crank untangled he was pretty far gone

I couldn't revive him, so in the Smoker he goes My Lure didn't survive either

DSCF0664.JPG