• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Docks

Question

Good Day all- Am looking to buy a dock for our lake property. Have heard plusses and minus for the roll-in type vs. non roll-in. Any suggestions on this and anyone out there know of any place that sells used docks as well.

3 answers to this question

Good Day all- Am looking to buy a dock for our lake property. Have heard plusses and minus for the roll-in type vs. non roll-in. Any suggestions on this and anyone out there know of any place that sells used docks as well.

I agree with Clayton! In the resort business I had the pleasure of putting in and taking out docks that required assembly as well as the roll-in type. With the roll-in dock, you have gravity on your side to put it in and you can use a vehicle to pull it out. They are also MUCH easier to adjust when the lake leves rises and falls. You will happy that you spent the extra cash for a roll-in.

Glen, There is a place that sells some nice looking docks at Waterville Mn. He is located on highway 60. I know 3 people that have bought these docks so far and are very happy with them. They have wheels and you just roll them out. I'm lucky my husband built ours himself saved us hundreds of $$$.
We have a seasonal camper in that area and in the spring and fall they all get together and put the docks in and take them out in the fall. It only takes them a couple hours to put in and take out a lot of docks that way and then we have a pot luck afterwards.
<><Mary><>