• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

X85 Interference with Humminbird??

TUMBLEWEED

Question

I use an X85 for the rear of the boat. I recently got a Humminbird WIDE 100 from a
buddy,that I am planning on putting on
the troller up front.I mainly want it for when I'm sitting up front and want some
depth/structure info,but having them both
on would be nice as well.The Humminbird is
a 200khz unit with a 24 degree ducer.The X85
runs at 192 khz.Has anyone mixed Lowrance
and Humminbirds this way??Boat is 17.5 feet
so there will be some seperation from the two.

10 answers to this question

Hang on there tumble weed
I allso have a hummingbird and I like it alot. But what you were told about mixing two different kinds of finders is ok provided they are at least 100-150 megahertz apart if not they will interfere with each other.But by placing them at two different ends of the boat you should have a depth range of around thirty ft. before the cones overlap and thsy begin to feedback on each other. I was told this by the factory rep for hummingbird. now bottom line make a nice unit with side scan that runs at over 400 megs and will not bother your other depth finder one bit.Good luck and keep your lines wet.
basshunter

Basshunter, are you running another unit or have you ran another unit along side your hummingbird? Or are you going off the hummingbird rep info? If so , what is the freqency? I run a Garmin at 200khz right along side a x-85 at 192khz and get no interference what so ever..

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/

D-Man I have a 300tx in the bow on my trolling motor and I have a 200dx on the stern and I have been having trouble with getting what I thought was just a lot of junk in the water at 26ft.a lot of spots and junk on my screen getting worse the deeper it went and that is what I was told causedit.I changed the unit for a bottom line 1200 which runs at over 400mghts and havn`t had A problem.D-man do you have one of your finders set on your trolling motor allso and if so how often do you fish in deep water?If you are just running both units in shallow water ,20 ft or less I doubt then you would be having any problems.
basshunter

I wil be putting it through the first test
on Sat. morning on Lake Marion. If I remember right,the deepest spot out there is around
30 feet,but seeing the shoreline yesterday,
the water level is very low this spring,and it may not even be thirty feet.I will post
here on my results.

Went out to Marion around 2pm. Lots of
folks out there.Anyway, both locators worked fine with one another.I tried them with both the trolling motor and the main outboard motor running,and even with both going, with zero problems.I will try this one
more time in some deeper water,and again
post the results.

P.S. Hey D-man, that PD-50 works great,
thanks again!! Are you getting up to your boat soon?? I am waiting for the other half of that quik-off mount.Let me know.