• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

put your way points on paper

Question

just a word to the wise,you should put your waypoints on paper in a safe place,I found out why this past weekend as I seen my GPS 12 disappear down the hole,along with 5 years worth of waypoints,the unit can be replaced but the points took a long time to gather (not from maps)spent at least 2 hours trying to snag the unit with treble hooks without success.and wet to the shoulder as I tried to grab the unit as it was sinking fast
So now I'm looking to replace the unit and debating if I want the same,it was a Garmin 12 ,I like the way it worked (simple to operate) always seemed very reliable,looking for thoughts on other units

TIE-UP YOUR GPS

8 answers to this question

rcpdmp, good advise,also the new high tech people putting them in there computers should also rember that.I always try and keep three ways of storing those waypoints.paper,computer and in the unit, It takes to long to find all them.Good luck getting your points back.
Jason

------------------
fishing fever guide service
fishingminnesota.com/fishingfever/
phone 218-327-2191
e-mail [email protected]

The GPSmap 76 Floats, has everything a serious fisherman needs and when combined with the Lakemaster Software, will store all you waypoints. I keep all mine stored on my computer and update it weekly. The last thing I want to lose is all my hard work. Just some suggestions.ScottS

hi all, can anyone tell me if the gps76 is as durable as the gps12 from garmin.also is the 76 as easy to operate as the 12.have researched them on the puter but not hands on ,any opinions would be appriciated.
Thanks for the responses and best place to buy,am thinking maybe the sportsman show at Mpls conv ctr this week end
Thanks all

The 76 is just as durable as the 12 and operates very similar to the 12,some benefiets are a little bigger sceen,runs on 2 AA batteries,waas capability and it floats.I bought mine off the internet about a year ago before they were in stores. The prices have came down since then.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

If you had the LakeMaster Lakemaps software you could've downloaded your GPS coordinates to it. Then when you lose or somehow wipe-out your coordinates you can download your coordinates right back to your GPS or a new GPS.

You can download from your GPS to the software or from the software to your GPS.

You can get more info about it at:
http://fishingmn.com/sportgood.html

I have a fishing log that I document after every fishing outing. It includes date, lake, depth, presentation, gps coordinates, etc.

You might want to think about something along this line as a backup as well as reference for the future.

If you have MS-Excel, I can send you an example via e-mail.