• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Humminbird Zercom RTS Depth Finder

say_der

Question

Anyone have/use one of these old units? I recently 'inherited' one. It needs a new battery. I hooked it up to a 12V power source & it looks like it works. I could put a float on the transducer & use it for ice fishing. Do these things create a lot of intereference for other surrounding units like Vexilars & Marcums? Do they work pretty good? It's the one with the LCD. I don't know how that works when it's cold? Do they work then?

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

The RTS is the vertical Sonar correct? It's a fine unit to use. It won't have the noise reduction as a Vex so it will be interferred with by the other units. Also, the LCD screen is fine in the winter. At least the old Clearwater Classics and Pros were fine. After Humminbird I don't know what happened.

------------------
Tight Lines,
JP Z
My Sponsors

My brother has one and they work fine. No more interference that the clearwater classics or pros. You can tune it out with your vex unit although the RTS may show some interference.

Borch

Yeah it's the vertical one (Real Time Sonar or something like that). I think it may have been mounted on a boat from the looks of it - or hard mounted in a fish house at one time.

How far away would a buddy's Vex have to be to use it effectively?