Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slick2526

To Scoot about rods.

10 posts in this topic

Does your dad have a email address? I might be looking into getting a custom jigging rod in the near future.

I was just there over the weekend and man does he have a couple of jiggin' sticks set up! He has a couple of buddies who want jiggin' sticks and he kicked out a couple of bueties! He's also got some cool/unusual rods made right now too- one with an elk horn handle, one with a pool cue handle, and a couple more that are pretty creative too- very cool products that are still very functional (I'd give my left "you know what" for the pool cue rod).
He just got a new e-mail address and I don't have it yet. His old address is below (he checks it fairly often still) or you could just give him a call- I know I have his phone number right!
Scoot

rodsbyengel@netscape.net
or by phone: (218) 891-4415

If you decide to get one from him I'd appreciate you telling people how he was to work with and what kind of product he provided for you (I'm confident you'll be more than satisfied with both).

No I havent yet. I dont have the money readily available but I wanted to be prepared for when I do. Thanks for the information also.

Scoot,
If you get a chance, I would love to see a picture of the pool cue rod. When I am not fishing I am playing pool. It sounds cool!
Tully

Tully,

I'll see what I can do to get a picture of it for you. It's a sweet rod- very cool looking and on a nice G-Loomis blank.
Scoot

I have about 7 or 8 fishing rods made by him. I love everyone of them. He has made me a muskie/catfish rod, a casting rod, and several spinning rods from 6-7 feet. I love them all! He does a great job and has always backed his product. Every time I talk to him, he's got some kind of neat rod as a project. He just made a dandy for me with a cherry or walnut handle and an actual wild turkey feather inlayed in the handle. What a beauty. He uses only good products and has tested many of his rods himself to perfect his craft. He is excellent at customizing for what you want.

Tully,

What's your e-mail address? Dad is going to take pictures today and get them to me as soon as he gets a chance.
Scoot

New to the forum. Thanks to all for the kind words. Tight lines, Rod

Holy dump! You can teach an old dog new tricks!!!
Howdy Dad. I'm surprised you found this post given the crappy directions that I gave you. See... Mr. Piscato (MJCatfish) isn't all bad, at least he has good taste in fishing rods! I can't wait for the first weekend in April for all of us to get together and try some of them out.
Scoot