• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

#2 or #4 lb MONOFILAMENT

Question

I was wondering if anyone has ever used
Tectan monofilament line? normally I use
Stren Magnathin #4lb, I've notice Cabela's been selling it for years out of the catalog
also does anyone know if they sell it out of the store down in Owatonna? or do I have to order it from the catalog,

thanks,

3 answers to this question

I've been using Tectan mono for a while now and it has worked well for me. It has the smallest diameter of any 2lb line that I could find and has proved to be tough for the diameter.(I'd use 1lb if I could find it)

It comes in a sealed package that will let you keep it for quite a while without oxidizing on the shelf.

definitely
had problems last year with breakage using light trilene line. so a buddy of mine and i went to cabelas and started looking at the nice selection they had. still confoosed as to which way to go a salesman came up to us and started asking Q's. after about a half hour of back and forth we decided to split a package.
about a week later we had split another package for our other reels.
he has stepped up to the big stuff for his cat rod. i have not yet.
no plans to change lines before the first outing. figured we would see what happens.

definitely limp and strong. this is what we wanted for the panfish setups.

Monty