• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Cenaiko Thread

Zenit

I saw a nice 6-7 pounder rainbow come out on Saturday morning around 7:30am. Probably 25" plus. I got a good look at it. Dude was using a silver spoon or something. Boy was it nice. I caught 0 (ZERO) fish except a few sunnies. I was out by the beach area. Any1 have any luck?

They must of not stocked this year cause fishing was way down for trout I got none. left real early about 8:00 am. usually stay all day. Went all the way over to the courthous in Chaska an wasnt impressed with what I seen being caught so left there without evan casting out. Well at least I had a couple of forty + fish days in Colorado last week. All but three went back in grin.gifcool.gif

Well I made it out last night around 6pm. I had one trout take my powerbait, but I couldnt set in time because of the slack in my line (CURSE THE WIND!!!) Managed about 20 sunnies when I switched to wax worms. I still haven't caught a trout yet this opener. confused.gif Was out by the beach area again. Any1 else having any luck?

monstermoose

that was me that caught the trout and my son who netted it for me. thanks again for use of the net!!

half way to the lake i realized i forgot mine at home.

the fish was 22 1/4 inches long and weighed 6 pounds even.

id post a pic if i knew how

thanks again, maybe ill see you out there

Caught one on the flyrod the other night. Wind let up at sunset and the lake went wild with some kind of caddis fly hatch and the fish where eating them like pigs. Guys with bobbers did pretty good it looked like.

The signs say no "live bait". Does that mean no "live-bait" (worms)? or does it mean no live minnows?

Are the bobber guys using berkley type baits then?

Nice job! Ive been down there 3 times and I haven't caught one yet! No Live bait means...No minnows basically. The lake only allows artificials and wax worms. I still don't know why wax worms are ok...I always thought they were considered "live". Anywho, i've clarified this with the CO whom checked me during the ice season. Good luck!

Yeah, you're good with nightcrawlers, angle worms, waxies, leeches or marshmellows, as some guy on a bike stopped by and told me I should try...

Pg 18 from the DNR regs:

Quote:

Stream Trout Regulations

• Fishing hours for stream trout on inland waters are from one hour

before sunrise to 11 p.m.

• Only one line is allowed winter or summer when fishing on designated

stream trout lakes and designated trout streams.

• Possessing live minnows or using them for bait on designated stream

trout lakes is prohibited. Only dried, frozen, or pickled (brined)

minnows are allowed. Live leeches are legal to use.

• Angling for any species in designated trout waters during the closed

trout season is prohibited.

• Taking minnows or leeches from designated trout waters, except under

special permit, is prohibited.

• All stream trout must have head, tail, fins, and skin intact when being

transported.

• Rough fish may not be taken by spear, harpoon, archery, or dip net in

designated trout lakes or streams.

• The list of Designated Trout Lakes and Streams can be found on the

DNR Web site.

anyone out on cenaiko catching fish?Where did they all go??i have been out there 3 times in the last week with no luck at all, as a matter of fact i haven't even seen any fish getting caught(besides bass and sunfish)of course.Just wondering if anyone else is having any luck, and what depth they've been at.me and the rest of the "regulars" just are not having any luck.Sean,Josh,Joe,Keith,Kow, but no Teddy this year as he has had some personal issues. guess we'll keep fishing this carp pond and see if we have any luck.Any response is much appreciated. frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

Quote:

anyone out on cenaiko catching fish?Where did they all go??i have been out there 3 times in the last week with no luck at all, as a matter of fact i haven't even seen any fish getting caught(besides bass and sunfish)of course.Just wondering if anyone else is having any luck, and what depth they've been at.me and the rest of the "regulars" just are not having any luck.Sean,Josh,Joe,Keith,Kow, but no Teddy this year as he has had some personal issues. guess we'll keep fishing this carp pond and see if we have any luck.Any response is much appreciated.
frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

Teddy is down there today for the first time, Mike.

Things have slowed down a bit, of course, but I'm still getting a couple fish every time I go out. I'm already fishing as deep as I possibly can go, with the powerbait/angleworm combo that did well for me last year...seems to me waxies are the ticket only until the water warming up sends them deep (as by the dock or on the south end). If you go out early in the morning, one will still see them surfacing out in the middle of the lake where no one can cast...smart fish!

BTW, the spring stock was 1000 yearling rainbows, not 1500, according to East Metro Fisheries.

They're still there, just gets a little tougher to dredge them out of there when the water gets warm.

Hey all. This is Kows Bro. I caught 4 the other week. On the dock only. They were super picky. I had on 4 lb mono with an extra small red hook. YOu have to hook the waxie to cover the whole hook and just cast it out. No bobber, no nothing. Just let it float down naturally and whammo! Caught all 4 around 8pm. Even ran into some papermouths by thew dock. Once the trout left, they came in.

Quote:

I need muskie practice, cause have had no luck with the trout,is it still in there, any sightings?

Yeah hes still in ther allthough i have not heard of any sightings.I'll be down ther tonight at about 6 pm. I'd like to see someone catch him. I think you're best bet would be in the northwest corner of the pond, where its pretty shallow and lots of forage for him.