• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Splitting a Transducer

Question

Forgive my ignorance but I would like to have a graph on the front of my boat as well as on the console. I am either going to hook another bracket and set of cables in the front of the boat and move my sonar when necessary or buy a 2nd to have both available at the same time. Here lies my question.

They would use the same transducer, so I would like to share the transducer. There is no need to run an extra transducer when there is one already there. I see Lowrance has a spliter for about $50 but does anyone know of a another/cheaper way. I am not saving anything because the splitter costs as much as the transducer although it saves me from drilling additional holes or running it off my trolling motor.

The other question is with a splitter can both graphs be used at one time since they are coming from one source?

Any info on this subject would be appreciated.

[email protected]

2 answers to this question

No you can't run both units at the same time off one transducer. The puse is sent from the display head, so both units will be not able to read anything. If you run one transducer off tho transom and one off the bow trolling motor you may still run into problems unless the two units run off frequencies that are at least 50 hz different.

Rob