Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seabass77

Leader Line

2 posts in this topic

Just curious what everyone likes to use for leader line while lindy rigging. Mono? Floro? What pound test?

Seabass

I like the florocarbon lines. I guess I don't no for sure how much of diference they make, but I've never had a problem with them. I'll take any advantage I can get!

I really like the floro for a leader if I jig with a no stretch line. Fireline is great on the river because of the low diameter, but I think it can be hard on high modulus graphite rods with a fast action. So, I usually add a few feet of floro to the end to help absord strikes. I like to use 6 lb unless it's a rough bottom, then I'll use 8 lb.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• A CO2 detector also protects you from what comes into your house thru a cracked window. Had mine go off last week on red. Turns out the wind had changed and generator exhaust was now blowing towards house. Generator was 50' from the house. 
    • After I got laid off awhile back I searched all of the above daily.  There would be some duplicate jobs posted on every site but a large number would only be found on one site or the other.  Companies seem to have their preferred job board and then stick to it for all their job postings so you really need to look at all of them.    Also don't over look the idea of targeting companies.  If you know a certain area you'd be looking to move to look to see what companies in that area might be able to use someone with your skills.  Then look at those companies job boards if they have them or send in a resume to their HR dept to see if they have any openings.  There are a lot of hidden jobs out there that don't get posted to a normal job board so you need to be savvy to find them.    A recruiter can also help but you need to find the right recruiter. I worked with a few and only one was really any good and had connections to the right kind of jobs for me.  If you can find one that specializes in your field then it might be worth connecting with one.  When i did it didn't cost me anything but a little bit of my time and they were able to hook me up with a decent contract job to help fill in the gap until i got on full time somewhere. 
    • Trump Touts "People Are Seeing Big Stuff” After GM Unveils 7,000 New U.S. Jobs   Confirming rumors that leaked yesterday, GM has just announced plans to invest $1 billion in its U.S. manufacturing operations and add 7,000 jobs domestically, over the next "few years".  Of course, the move follows similar announcements from Ford and Fiat-Chrysler over recent weeks in an apparent effort to appease the incoming Trump administration amid threats of a 35% import tariff and after years of outsourcing automotive manufacturing jobs to Mexico.  To add icing to the cake, GM notes that 450 of the new jobs will come from insourcing jobs previously moved to Mexico.          The winning continues...
    • Hyundai To Boost Investment In The US To $3.1 Billion Over 5 Years   Korea's Hyundai Motor Group said it plans to lift U.S. investment by 50 percent to $3.1 billion over five years and may build a new plant there - the latest auto firm to announce fresh spending after President-elect Donald Trump threatened to tax imports.      
    • This is our year! i feel there is something different about them! I see the passion and intensity they have. Putting the puck on the net is key!
    • OK, let's play you're game. Deficits and debt are no problem, I'll take your word for it.    Please tell me then:
      Why does YOUR party want to reduce the debt?
      Why was your party against debt when Obama was racking it up?
      Why do you vote for Republicans when you don't agree with them on very many issues?
    • What I worried about in the past and why I was not to high on them was because Parise and Sutter were supposed to carry the load but that is evidently no longer the case.  The Sophomores and Juniors have "figured it out" and have stepped up and are carrying the team...not to mention Stall is "reborn".  IMO as long as Dubnyk stays healthy I don't think we have anything to worry about. It is all about he playoffs now as they'd have to take a huge step back not to get in IMO....we'll so how far they can go....with this new found success.  
    • Grain Belt is bottled by Schell's - either one works for me, although my preference is Schell's Deer Brand.  But it's not stocked in a lot of bars or package stores here in the north country.  
  • Our Sponsors