• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Check your propane bottles

Question

Just went to get propane bottles filled ,and was told the bottles were too old. These are bottles that I have only had for approx 2 months from an exchange place, was told that they can only fill bottles less than 12yrs old ,6 yrs on re-certified bottles ,and can not fill the old style bottles at all after april 1st. out of 5 bottles was able to get 1 filled,that one was less than 12 yrs old

7 answers to this question

A couple years ago they started putting those automatic valve shut offs in the cylinders. All it does it keep it from getting too full. And I heard that you get 15 % less fuel with these pesky devices. I wonder if thats why they shafted you. I've been to a lot of places to get tanks filled. Some places are picky and others are just happy to have your business. You should try going to a smaller outfit that would appreciate your business with them. Matt

same problem here. they have gone to a minimum charge for filling bottles. if it is anything smaller than a 20 lb you pay the same. i try to take in a 20 and my small one, then it only cost a little more. but do some checking around. some guys are more agreeable. del

Well if you hate that, then your doing to really love this!

There is a very strong chance that disposable cylinders will be outlawed or banned in the near future, from use in some or all states. Highly likely on and many public waters and lands.

Due to safety concerns as well as the growing litter problem this has been brought up in government circles. It is very likely to go through if it is brought before the legislature in an election year.

So many empty bottles are being found on the ice this season that they now consider it a hazard to summer boaters as well as an environmental threat.

Yes, once again, Slobs screw it up for the rest of us!

------------------
Backwater Eddy.......><,sUMo,>

Backwater Guiding
Ed Carlson
(701)-281-2300

http://home.talkcity.com/ResortRd/backwtr1/index.html