• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I know this is a little off target, geographically but figured it maybe close enough. I'm looking for a place to stay while fishing the aforementioned lake. Plenty of time, not going til next year. I'm part of a group of guys who prefer a place that provides lodging plus food and bar services. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Because it often is an issue now days, I must add, a couple of our group are still smokers. Thanks Old Sneller

I have a cabin on the Turtle/Flambeau just a couple miles from where the Chippewea is and then the Holcolme flowage begins a bit further south. On the chip you can look into Flaters resort and campground, they guide as well, or you could look into wards Fishcamp as they have cabins and docks right on the Chip. These are located in the Rusk county area between Bruce and Ladysmith. Once you are on the Chip you can run for miles. The Turtle/Flambeau is pretty shallow below the Thornapple dam near my cabin but yeilds eyes, smallies, cats, sturgeon, pike and muskies on a fairly regular basis. Hope this helps!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

Turtle/Flambeau report from 7-4-06: Fished the flowage each a.m. for 2-3 hours. The smallmouth bite was decent as was the pike but the muskies were very active. Caught 2 40+" fish and missed 2 others in 4 days of fishing. All fish were holding shallow in current next to deeper holes. The walleye bite was nominal at best with a couple fish caught. Cats were hitting in the evening on small suckers set in the current in 6-8' of water. Redhorse were very active and caught up to 4 lbs biting on worms held slightly off the bottom. Overall a super weekend to be out and fishing.

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

Fished the flowage each morning and afternoon for a few hours this past weekend. The weeds are dying back right now so they can be a bit of a pain. The good news is the pike and smallmouth are on fire right now and the fishing should just get better as the weeds dy back further. Biggest smallie this past week was a 20 inch piggy with many 15-17" fish thrown in. The slimers were all small up to the 4 lb range. Didn't fish the channel cats as the weeds floating would foul the line. The eyes should really start to pick up in the next 2 weeks.

Tunrevir~ cool.gif