• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2003 Yamaha 115HP 4 Stroke

Skids1

Question

Hello... Was wondering if anyone here had experienced this problem. My father has a 2003 Yamaha 115HP 4 Stroke motor. When he slows down and goes into either neutral or reverse the motor kills. Then you start it up and go to reverse it kills. Replaced the computer, reset everything, new wiring harness. You drive down the river and then slow it down and go into reverse and it dies or you go into reverse it dies there also. Neutral switch has been replaced also. If anyone has any experience like this or suggestions could you please drop me a line
at: [email protected]

3 answers to this question

This is a ongoing problem with some of the Yamaha 115 4 strokes. Mine did the same thing for the previous owner. I will see what they replaced and inform ya later. It was a small and quick fix. Some sort of sensor if I recall correctly.