• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Line-X or Rhino bed linings?

Black Bear

Question

17 answers to this question

everything i've seen i liked when they first came out they peeled like if you drug an motor and it caught it would ieel it off but they seem harder now so i'm sure its been taken care of but if i was just everydaying my truck its what i'd get but any heavy duty use i'd get a old plastic one over the rhino

I had Line-x put in my truck in the summer of 2001. It has held up great, and they will fix any defects that show up in the future. So far, I have had none. I have hauled several loads of p-rock and black dirt, and unloaded them with a shovel. No peeling at all.

I have also moved a lot of construction demolition materials out of my basement, and that did not hurt it either.

It has survived three elk hunts in Colorado, and too many icefishing trips to count.

I have been 100% happy with my Line-x.

Black Bear,
I have had Line-X in my truck for 5+ years. The liner finish is a little smoother compared to Rhino. I have a fiberglass tanneu cover and once in while I need to crawl into the box to retrieve gear. The Line-X doesn't tear your knees apart. The liner has not cut or peeled, but I don't haul engines around. grin.gif

Sandbar

I had a Line-X sprayed in in 1998 and it has held up really well. It has been used pretty hard and until last fall it didn't have a mark in it. I started hauling a canoe in it alot and the keel gouged the liner on the tail gate, but only on the surface. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

I have a color matched (blue) spray in bedliner that Armstrong Truck accessories put in by 2001 Silverado. I believe its a Line-X. It has held up great. I think the color match was a $50 upcharge. I will be doing the same thing in my next truck.

Line-X all the way! They look the best and hold up great! I have had two trucks with them. The guy in St.Cloud didn't recomed the colored version (which line-x has). I believe he said they were not as durable.

I've been looking at both types recently myself. AFter stopping at both dealers and looking at the finished product, it looks to me like the line-X is definitely the better choice... Everyone that I have talked to is very happy with the line-x product, so I am having mine done next week.
Price is roughly 400 for a six foot box.

Ditto on most of the other comments here. I just put a Line-X in my 02 Chev Crew and love the finish compared to the Rhino's I checked out. My truck was bought used, and the box was scratched up pretty good an had a couple dents on the wheel wells. The guys at the St. Cloud Line-X pounded 'em out free of charge and now the bed and wheel wells look perfect. I highly recommend those guys and their product.

I am on my second truck with a line-x bed liner. I would recommend them again in a minute. Maybe the "do it yourself" ones are just as good, but I am too chicken to chance it. Once that stuff is down, it's permanent. I have a brother that works at a body shop and he hates the stuff. he says it makes replacing a box side a much tougher and more expensive job and most insurance companies won't cover the additional costs since it was put on as an accessory. I hope I don't need to find out.

Don't fear the Insurance companies. If your truck has a sprayed in bedliner and the box side needs to be replaced, pre-accident condition is the rule. Some companies may try to argue this but we have done several at our shop. As far as bedliners go, I spray bedliners at our shop. Our brand is called Speedliner. It is a sprayed on liner that is more user friendly for our shop. We put automotive pigments in our liner which makes it's color stay more true than some other liners. I can't rip on Rino of Line-X, they are both good liners. I will say that when they spray them black the color grays out within the first year. Line-x is harder and more abrasive (on knees) and Rino is softer and a little smoother. Speedliner can be sprayed in different textures and colors. Not to get too lengthy with this reply, just shop the dealers in your area and see who can provide what you need. A warranty is only as good as the person who stands behind their product. I will be happy to try and answer any other questions you may have.

Corey Bechtold

Corey:
Can "Speedliner" be reapplied over existing "Speedliner" ?
My Dads house frame and wheel/fender assembly bumber and tongue are sprayed with that product.Seems to be a good product.
He wants to upgrade his wheel/fenders to the type his house manufacturer has now and sell me his current wheels/fenders.
They are two years old and showing faded areas which is why I ask.. I would like them resprayed economicaly as oppossed to a entire strip down and reapplication.