• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Largest walleye so far 06 season

Man oh man this year is going down as my best ever on the LOTW. Fished here all my 44 years, ran charters for a few seasons too and this summer was plain insane. I got to release 2 31 inch Walleyes within the span of a week, and perhaps a 12 or 15 others over 28. A good bud got a 31 he's putting on the wall, and another bud released a 30.5. All these fish, and a couple hundred more in the mid to upper slot came longlining plugs in deepwater off of a couple select rockpiles. Early January my year started great with a 30 incher caught on LOTW a 1am, so much for the no nite bite theory up here! Tis the time of the season for me to get after those BIG Channel Cats on the Red river. Give them Walleyes a break till the Shiner run fires up on the Rainy/LOTW, then it's Jig,Jig,Jig!!!

fiskyknut

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 8 year old's biggest to date. Not much by Normal Standards, but he's pretty proud of it.

5 Lbs. Lake Kabetogama ....Jointed Floating Rapala, casting reefs for pike/bass. It hit on surface...even jumped once.

kab4.jpg

Nice fish guys and gals!

I finally popped my largest of the year a dandy 30.25" last week on Pool 4. I also got a 5 pounder a few minutes ealier. I wish I had a picture but I was prefishing for a tourney and I did not want to draw any attention. A quick measurement and they were both slipped quietly back into the water. One boat did see the big one though crazy.gif

mw

That sure was a nice fish there Rivereye!! I logged on as Mojoe the other night at home (forgot password) and know them waters pretty good where you were at. Great river!!

This was my biggest so far this year and we didnt even get a tape on it mad.gif I gave it to my dad to take a quick pic and he tossed here back thinking I already taped it... Oh well

sippieyes29004ak9.jpg

Heres the runner up 30" also caught on the ol miss. We had quite a few over 28" this year the the one above was by far the biggest...Wish I would have taped it crazy.gifsippieyes29010nh8.jpg

That is one BIG, BIG, fish you got there. That has definitely got mine beat. That was the first time I've fished down there, it was amazing. Aside from the 'Eye's, the white bass fishing must be a blast. With all the shad that I saw, I wondered if we would catch anything! Incredible fishery you've got there. Take care, see you on the water!