• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Largest walleye so far 06 season

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally get to join the ranks of a decent fish. I pulled out a 28" on a lake by Lutsen pulling a tail dancer in the middle of the day. It sure felt good, this was also my largest walleye! I had 4 other guys in my boat when it hit, a little pressure to say the least. There are some great fish on this thread, congrats to all.

Wow, what a weekend! When the heat, wind and moon phase all add up to look good you gotta get out and FISH! My dad and I spent a night on the lake over the weekend and had a blast. We don't get to fish very often, so this weekend we got one night to hit the water. I had one of those "feelings" the fish were gonna bite. They did.

Not only did we catch some nice fish, but I was there to witness, help and photograph my dad land some of the biggest fish of his life....

This was the largest. 29.5" and it was released.

Fish026.jpg

I got one too, but couldn't stack up to his big wallys.

Fish029.jpg

Way to go dad! If it weren't for you to help set my addiction on fishing I don't know where I'd be. grin.gif

Congrats Chuck and Chuck's Dad. Now you're off the hook for not being around Friday night, Chuck. We had a blast. Couldn't get your wife to dance, though wink.gif

Have caught a ton of eyes this year so far and a 27 and 26 incher are the best. Was fishing at night alone with the 27 but heres a pict of the 26 I got this am. Been fishing alot of jigs and plastics but got this one on one of those red-tech hornet jigs with the little spinner on the back. A buddy in MN sent me some a few years back and I cant remember who makes them. Anyone???

dsc004314dw.jpg

So Joel, what's up with the avatar. Or should I say Chuck.

At any rate, here's my biggest this year. I caught by accident though. I was catfishing with Brian Klawitter and I caught this.

iphotoiphotomailtmp14dm.jpg

Caught my largest ever (28.25 inch) last weekend in a 120 acre lake near Ely, passing up my previous best by a quarter inch (avatar). Go figure, a walleye that nice shouldn't be in a lake that small.

pic44ip8.jpg

Here are pics of my two biggest to date. Caught them on Sunday on Mille Lacs.

This one was just over 26".

th_26incher.jpg

This one was just shy of 27".

th_27Incher.jpg

I've got a pretty good story that goes along with these fish, but I will post that later.

Mike J

My wife has been schooling me recently (yes, I admit it smirk.gif) She caught a 31" and a 30" eye while on vacation recently. shocked.gif Here's the only pic of the 30" before our camera batteries went dead. I just happened to grab it out of the net for her, tried to give her the fish for a pic and it was "too big". LOL

Vacweek009.jpg

The 31", we didn't have a camera along. DOH! mad.gif

Fish were released.

Hey guy's, Was fishing Rainy a couple of weeks ago and boated a few nice fish. Had a couple along from KC. She had never caught a walleye before and her first fish was a 27"er. Her second fish was a 28"er. Go figure!! My wife landed a beauty of a 26"er. I did just so happen to catch a couple of 29"ers about 15 minutes from each other. What a fantastic trip! The look on her face is the tell tale that say's it all!

My buddy Duayne from KC 25"er

RainyAugust3-6006.jpg

Janis' first walleye,,27"er

RainyAugust3-6014.jpg

Her next walleye, a 28"er!!

RainyAugust3-6017.jpg

My wife's 26"er, she's so good at catching walleye's!!!

RainyAugust3-6018.jpg

And 2 29"ers

RainyAugust3-6007.jpg

RainyAugust3-6003.jpg