Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
hawksguy

color blindness

i would love to get a vexilar, but the times I have seen one in action, I could not tell the difference between the signals. any chance of a blue/red vexilar?

I can't recall for sure if they have any out yet, and I've never seen one. But, I recall hearing a lot of discusion about them earlier this year. Check out their HSOforum.

Hawksguy/ I have the same problem. If you have the FL-8 you can get a blue chip installed. Vex said the FL-18 will have it next year they think. The FL-18 doesnt bother me becasue its much brighter. I have problems with the orange and red but can see yellow fine. Check out the vex HSOforum for more info on the blue chip.

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/

I guess I'm not alone in this condition. I have the FL 8 as a bow mount on my electric and have a beast of a time using it. I'm at my best with the old paper graph locators we used on Lake Michigan (except I got plenty tired of paying $5 and $6 per roll of paper.

We golfing, I use only yellow and white tees. Red and blue blend too nicely into the green grass background.

Same deal for me boys. I have difficulty in some color bands. Fortunately to compensate for that God gave me eye's like a cat at night.

What helps for me is polarized glasses, I can pick out the differences in contrast that way. Bright light for me wash's out subtleties in colors.

Try different tints of polarized lenses and see if any work for you. I wear a graduated polarized tint on my prescription glasses and it helps me a lot. Not a cure but it does help me.

Get this, when I was in 1st grade I had a cranky old wonder of a teacher. She said I was not color blind, just color stupid!

Man she used to torment me!

I did my very best to return the favor too.

LOL!

smile.gif

------------------
Backwater Eddy.......><,sUMo,>

Backwater Guiding
Ed Carlson
(701)-281-2300

http://home.talkcity.com/ResortRd/backwtr1/index.html

I'm in the same boat too. Like Ed, when I was in 6th grade I had a teacher tell me that I wasn't color blind, just color retarded (this was after I colored a few dozen poppies brown on a poster we had to do for class).
Interestingly, the opposite of Ed, I struggle even more with colors when the lighting is low. In low light I start to screw up everything that is a dark shade- and I mean everything.
A blue chip would be cool, but I wonder how much they would get for it?
Scoot

Yup, I had a high school art teacher insist that I was refusing "to learn" colors. But, the deficiency was recognized by the US Navy, as it kept me out of OCS.

In World War II, color blind pilots were recruited for low altitude bombing runs in smaller aircraft. They were not fooled by the camo used on military targets, since they used shapes and forms to identify objects, not colors. Same is true in the woods -- altho I see blaze orange quite well, I don't need it to tell the difference between a whitetail buck and a human.

I had the same teacher as well. Remember the books with the color dots they past around and everyone could see the numbers in the dots but you. But like ED god made up for it and gave me 10/10 vison in each eye.

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/

[This message has been edited by D-man (edited 03-06-2002).]

What color do you guys use for the lens on your polarized sunglasses? I am also colorblind (Red/Green) and there has to be some lens that will allow me to see in the water better.

Any suggestions.

I have polarized prescription eyeglasses that are green. I'm not entirely happy with them, but they do cut glare.

I use a clip-on for shooting, and they are a yellowish, much lighter tint -- great for clarity, but not so great in cutting glare.