• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My buddy convinced me a couple of months to go deep sea fishing for Cod. I have never been and it was incredible, I cant wait to go back and catch some more.

Unfortunately our Charter got cancelled due too a small craft advisory, so we went on a party boat there were 6 of us in our group and another 34 other guys on the boat.

We motored out 27 miles off the coast to nearly 300 fow and started catching Cod, Haddock and a few Pollack mixed in.

Heres the first big one that was caught on the boat a 33"er that I caught. smile.gif

DSC00811.jpg

we stayed in the deeper water for most of the day Catching a fair amount of fish (many sub legal). Our group of 6 ended up with a nice batch of 30 keepers many Cod and Haddock with 1 pollack and 2 cusk's mixed in we snapped this picture while we were moving in shallower. Sorry about the quality I ended up getting hard copies of a few pics.

DSC00819.jpg

On the way back into shore we made another stop in a little bit shallower water, where there were rumors of big Cod hanging around in this spot.

We began to drift around alittle and my Buddy Jack hooks up with a monster. HE fights and fights the fish and finally gets it up and its HUGE a incredible 52 lb Cod.

MY other buddy Geoff gets into the action with a 37lber and a smaller 14lber or so.

After that Geoff was wore out and handed me his rod. I dropped it down and jigged around for about 15 Min's with no luck. I reeled back up to make sure everything was fine, dropped it back down. AS soon as the line hit the bottom (thump thump ) fish on and its a big one. This fished screamed out about 50 ft of line like nothing . Everytime i gained on the fish it would take that line back out. Finally after at least 20 Min'smaybe more and running halfway down the boat She comes up a 40 lber.After that we packed up and went back in smile.gif The only other big fish caught on the boat was a 49lber that someone in the front caught. Our group caught 3 out of the 4 monsters smile.gif

here I am fighting the 40lber

DSC00813.jpg

Like I said it was my first time and it was awesome I cant wait too go again smile.gif

Tim I can't leave those up there I could have if you took a sec to wipe the blood off dude (forum policy), nice fish. I went cod fishing long time back when I was like 8 years old and and I got lucky enough to catch the biggest one in my family a nice 47".