• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I knew it was only a matter of time until I had to grow up and get a job. My lifestyle of working for gas money and fishing the rest of the time is soon going to be a thing of the past.

As much as I hate to say it, I have accepted a job in a suburb of the Twin Cities as a Water Resources Technician and will be moving very soon.

My wife and I are looking to as a great oppertunity to get back home and raise our soon coming child around our families. For this reason we have chose the town of Owatonna to reside in.

This may also be a blessing since those of you that know me know that I have a real passion for the Mississippi River. I will be living fairly close to my favorite stretch of it, Pool 4, and will be spending any of my free time searching for it's walleyes.

The thing I will miss most of SD is the people. Over the course of the last 3 years I made somesome great friends who all enjoy the same diehard outdoor lifestyle that I do. Also all the FMers I have met here in SD are truly the best.

I will still continue to post in the SD forums and there is absolutly no way that I will be able to stay away from the walleyes out here so I hope to still frequent my favorite SD lakes. In fact my last SD tourney will be the Dakota Sportsman on Lake Poinsett on June 10th and 11th so those that are fishing it I'm sure we will be having one last hurraw at the rules meeting! grin.gif So if you see some guys having too much fun, come and join us. wink.gif

mw

Good Luck Mike!

I'm sure we'll be seeing you around these parts again both fishing and hunting. Make sure to give me a buzz when you get back. See you at Poinsett!

Congrats on the job. Sounds like it fits into your family's grand scheme.

We'll still be here, so pop in every once in a while. Good luck with the new job.

Mike, sorry to see you go, but got to be excited for you at the same time.

What are the odds that we could squeeze in a FM South Dakota get together before you move?

good luck to you and the family!

dustin

Congrats on the Job. Owatonna is only 40 minutes from Rochester, so do you know what that means....

I also moved from South Dakota, so I know how your feeling buddy. Now its all about the trips, which can be a lot of fun.

Honey Holes, as much as I fish you think I am bound to be lucky once in while. My fish are usually found by just dropping in the bowmount and working a stretch of shorline and casting jigs and cranks. Sometimes it pays off huge, other times it doesn't. Any help? grin.gif

Kato,

I will beworking on learning the Minnesota river some this summer. Do you fish it ever?

mw

Mike

It may be a loss for South Dakota,but a gain for the South Central and Rochester forums. smile.gifSome time this summer when you are all settled in we will have to hit the river for some eye and sauger fishing.

Welcome to your new home. smile.gifsmile.gif

Paul,

The drive each morning past Cabela's, Gander and Mills is going to be tough.

I in the mood to learn Pool 2 and was there tonight only catching small fish. Going to a new area tomarrow night so maybe I can boat a few of the brusiers that live in there.

mw

Hey Mike, congrats on the new job. I sure hope you can make the 2nd annual ice fishing get together this coming winter. Won't be the same without the pheasant chislic. Keep us informed OK. Later, BOXCAR